Man - His Soul and His Mind

Holding the ache of my heart
Beholding through the teary eyes
How my worth has reduced to ashes,
Truths of today hit harder than the ties of lies. 


Melancholy of past is heavy upon the present 
The shackles around my feet stubborn to let
My feet free, my wings fly high 
And I doubt, is this my fate obstinate. 


The screams and shrieks 
Alas! Can be perceived by none
No one can see the heart shattered 
And the stifling past, I often reckon. 


The Prison, O my Mind, 
My enemy art thou.
Unleash me from your bondage of sorrow.
Forget not, I'm your worthy master, though enslaved now. 


They say – "Mind of the Man is powerful."
Self-Introspection lead to realization. 
And I discovered a bridled Mind 
Trained by Man is most powerful. 


The reality of my present is
The manifestation of my yester-thoughts
Mind attracts the way it thinks
This is the Law of Universe.


O My Sacred Soul! Arise!
Awake from the oblivious slumber
Thou art the Omnipotent, the Omniscient 
Seek the purpose of your Birth. 


Take the rudder in your hands
Be the captain of your ship called Life.
Be the Lord of the Mind and the Body,
Be the ruler of your Destiny.

- Deepanwita Tripathy, India

Keywords: Mind, Freedom, Self-discovery, Bondage of Past, Soul's Power 

Comments

  1. I enjoyed starting my day reading this poem. It has a living and warm vibration of peace

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of "JAPA" in Spiritual journey to realise the Divine

All Life is Yoga

A Spiritual Retreat and Seekers’ Delight in the Heart of Delhi – Sri Aurobindo Ashram