The Soft Repose

You  are  the  river  and  I  the  knot  of  life,  struggling  against  your  flow.

I  tighten  to  maintain  my  boundaries,

Like  a  defensive  fortress,

Fearful  of  collision,  fearful  of  being  rejected,

Fearful  of  being  pushed  against  my  will,

Fearful  too  of  being  left  behind.

Yet  your  touch  exceeds  my  fear

And  liquid  love  seeps  triumphantly  through  solid  rock,

Melting  its  hardness  into  the  happy  revelation

That  deep  within  there  is  an  eternal  softening  into  You.

I  loosen,  and  allow  you  to  invade  me,

Invite  you  to  consume  me

The  heavy  push  to  move  ahead  eases

Into  the  lightness  of  floating.

The  anxiety  to  perform  yields  to  the  abandon  of  being  performed.

The  haunted  seeking  for  secure  outcomes

Transmutes  into  the  peace  of  free  suspension

In  the  limbo  of  your  fathomless waters.

When  I  release  the  effort  to  ‘make’  myself,  you  make  me;

At  times  the  still  calm  of  your  depths

At  times  the  effervescent  froth  of  your  surface

At  times  a  tsunami  capturing  all  eyes,

At  times  a  nameless  liquid  swirl.

All  through  I  hold  in  my  heart

The  soft  repose  of  knowing,

That  at  every  moment  I  am  your  secretion,

Carved  by  you,  carried  by  you  and  loved  by  you.

- Anahita Sanjana (India)

Comments

  1. Very inspiring poem, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Fabrice!
    Anahita

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully expressed!👏👏👏

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice poetic narrative of experiential journey of self evolution of a seeker on spiritual path ...pranav Srivastava

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What is the seeking on the spiritual path and what is self-evolution? Not the knotty struggle of one river against another in the flow of life to meet one unbounded Ocean of Existence.

      Delete
    2. Why ""tighten to maintain my boundary?

      Delete
    3. In ignorance the ego out of fear and resistance tightens to create separation. The poem is about the journey of defensive boundaries melting into surrender.
      Anahita

      Delete
  5. Lovely poem

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why not (you both) be like rivers on the bosom of life herself, flowing together as tributaries to meet in the boundless ocean without boundaries? Do not ignore the Divine Lord's sublime words spoken to his dear companion Arjuna - "आपर्यमाणमचलप्रतिष्ठंसमुद्रमापः प्रविशन्ति यद्वत् | तद्वत्कामा यं प्रविशन्ति सर्वे स शान्तिमाप्नोति न कामकामी || Not he who lusts after (futile things), but he alone obtains peace in whom desires lose themselves like river water flowing into the ocean leaving it unaffected."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of "JAPA" in Spiritual journey to realise the Divine

All Life is Yoga

A Spiritual Retreat and Seekers’ Delight in the Heart of Delhi – Sri Aurobindo Ashram