Practising Mindful Walking and Pranayama in Daily Life for Self-Improvement

It  was mid of year 2005 when I was 45 years old and we went for an outstation trek with a group of employees in the Himanchal region as an annual outstation pleasure-cum-fitness trip. As a member of the team, I  had to climb a cliff which was rather steep. It became a tiring task causing breathlessness with an increase in heart beats and signs of restlessness in spite of congenial ambience. I also had a sleepless night with uneasiness continuing throughout the night. It was probably an indication that all is not well with my physical health. Upon my return home, I got a medical check-up done and was diagnosed with high cholesterol. I took is as s signal for revamping my daily habits which comprised of spicy food with high Fat content and no insufficient measures to keep Physically Fit. Medication started and I was advised to have a conscious re-look on my Daily Habits.

I had read on Mindful walks in the ambience of Nature at early morning time and Breathing exercises.  Practising these on Daily basis was a conscious decision and it meant waking up early hours so that I could devote 60 minutes for walks and Pranayama. It was challenging when I was on outstation tours, staying in different parts of India and also abroad with changing climatic conditions.

It was probably the Aspiration from within driven by the Psychic self and Grace – it was possible to do it for 95% of the year. I have felt increased Energy level and also improved sleep hours, making my day more efficient with increased Productivity level. Mindful walks have made me realise the importance of Living in the Present moment along with minimizing the baggage of Past memories, with focussing on a Mantra as a mode of concentration.

It proves the saying – Good Daily Habits do make transformational changes in Life journey.

- Pranav Srivastava (India) 

Comments

  1. Yes, Pranav-ji, your learning experience of fatigue, breathlessness and sleepless nights after trekking in Himachal followed by some contemplation on the causes thereof and the psychic being's intimation to act on them to rejuvenate yourself and reach the goal of life that brings integral health and well-being, are all very inspirational to us and practical. And interestingly, your very name (Pranav) defines the truth of this. So we have in one of the Yoga Aphorisms of Maharshi Patatanjali - तस्य वाचकः प्रणवः - His manifesting word is Om. You may repeat your own name in the Pranayama. Thank you for the blog.

    Godspeed to your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. I too have experienced almost the same narrated above. Mainly walking in woods changes our Thought Process and helps in improving Inner Energy apart from physical exercise. Meditation for some time, Watching SunRise or SunSet, and experiencing nature is a unique experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That means when one is in close communion and love of Nature, the universal Energy becomes the helper and the mother of a being's health and wellness and nourishes it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thanks for posting a comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Importance of "JAPA" in Spiritual journey to realise the Divine

All Life is Yoga

A Spiritual Retreat and Seekers’ Delight in the Heart of Delhi – Sri Aurobindo Ashram